The UK hotel business gives foreign workers considerable opportunity. But you must plan beforehand before entering the nation. A UK work visa may be required depending on your country.

What Is A Skilled Worker Visa?

A UK Skilled Worker visa enables you to work for an approved company. This replaced Tier 2 (General) work visa.

A Skilled Worker visa requires:

  • work for a Home Office-approved UK employer
  • a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your company detailing your UK position
  • work in an eligible profession
  • get a minimal pay How much depends on your job

You must have a work offer before applying for a visa. You can find out more about this type of visa or Temporary Work Visas by contacting QC Immigration

Other Considerations

  1. Be advised that you may need to demonstrate your proficiency in English while applying.
  2. Before extending, your visa may last 5 years. You must seek to renew or amend your visa when it expires or change employers.
  3. If you meet the requirements, you may extend your UK visa many times.
  4. You may apply for UK ‘indefinite right to remain’ after 5 years. You may live, work, and study here and get benefits if eligible.

How To Acquire EU Settlement Scheme?

Apply for either:

  • Pre-settled status, a temporary residence permit for EU citizens living and working in the UK for less than five years, or
  • Five years of continuous UK residence gives established status and indefinite stay.

Applications must be submitted on by June 30, 2021. Failure to do so might result in losing your UK residency and employment.

 This plan may allow you to enter the UK from these countries.

Your government will support you; participating countries:

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Hong Kong
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Republic of Korea
  • San Marino
  • Taiwan

Before making any critical job or legal choices, seek a skilled professional consultant who can give individualized counsel. Thinking of applying for an Innovator Visa or other type? Then you can’t do without professional help. QC Immigration can help you, get in touch!

How Can I Get A Youth Mobility Scheme Short-Term Visa?

You can get a T5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa if:

  • To live and work in the United Kingdom for up to 2 years at a time
  • you must be 18–30 years old
  • have £2,530 in savings, 
  • fulfill certain British nationality criteria
  • meet additional qualifying conditions.

This visa superseded Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme).

Something More To Consider

  • Be advised that visa applications may be made up to 3 months before departure.
  • When applying from outside the UK, you should have a visa decision within 3 weeks. Priority service may speed things up.
  • Youth Mobility Scheme visas cost £244.
  • You must pay the healthcare fee when applying. Check the cost before applying.
  • A 24-month UK visa allows you to live and work there.
  • At least £2,530 in your bank account shows you can sustain yourself in the UK. Learn more about financial evidence advice here.

The Common Travel Area

The UK, the Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man), and Ireland have a long-standing Common Travel Area (CTA) that predates EU membership.

Under the CTA, British and Irish nationals may work, study, vote in certain elections, and receive social assistance and health services in any country.