Cardiac surgery is one of the most developed branches of Indian medicine. The exceptional level of doctors’ training and modern material and technical base of cardiology centers make it possible to perform the most accurate diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases of any complexity. Most cardiologists of India working in the most prominent clinics of the country were educated in the best Western universities and have been in medical practice in the leading institutes and specialized centers for a long time. Some have degrees from prestigious world schools and are active members of international associations.
Today, cardiac surgery in India is:
- world-class cardiac hospitals;
- high treatment rates for cardiovascular diseases;
- availability of state-of-the-art equipment for examinations and surgical interventions;
- internationally recognized doctors;
- many years of practical experience as a cardiac surgeons;
- affordable cost of treatment;
- no waiting list – diagnosis and therapy can be started immediately;
- minimal living expenses due to the low cost of living in the country.
Given the significant difficulties in treating such diseases, detecting and treating them on time is imperative, which in the most complex cases will require surgical intervention. Therefore, pay attention to the latest achievements of cardiac surgery in India. The scope of this area of activity includes studying the state of the cardiovascular system, identifying the causes of occurrence and development of pathologies of these organs, as well as the development and practical implementation of effective methods of heart treatment in India and prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Therapy is carried out exclusively surgically, using innovative surgical techniques.
Cardiology in India is considered one of the most affordable in the world and is at par with international standards regarding quality of care. Some of the state-of-the-art cardiology centers in India include:
Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai
This medical center is one of the most renowned among the top ten best institutions worldwide. The clinic has many quality certificates, accreditations, and reputable awards from national and global medical organizations – NIAHO, ISO 9001:2000, JCI, and many others. The clinic’s doctors undergo special training to provide the necessary care to patients who have traveled to India from various countries. Indian Prime Minister M. Singh underwent surgery and rehabilitation at this institution.
Benefits of treatment at this medical center:
- The medical center has various quality certificates, awards, and accreditations that guarantee the high quality of the services offered.
- Over the eleven years of its operation, the medical center has provided qualified assistance to more than 200 thousand patients suffering from heart diseases.
- Experienced surgeons have performed more than eight thousand heart surgeries, as well as about 30 thousand angiographies.
- In this medical center, coronary bypass surgery is performed on the beating heart in almost all cases.
- The Institute has a pediatric cardiac center, the only comprehensive type center in the Western part of India.
- Doctors actively use robotic surgery, which is highly precise, and the medical center is a pioneer in this field.
Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- The hospital has an extensive cardiology team that ensures that patients are thoroughly assessed from all angles and that ethical considerations are considered.
- The team is experienced in surgeries under the leadership of team leader Dr Naresh Trehan.
- Naresh Trehan has five decades of experience in cardiovascular surgery. He has also received awards from the Government of India for outstanding medical services.
- The hospital has advanced technology, such as a unique hybrid operating suite, robotic heart surgery, and other techniques to ensure excellent precision.
- Complex heart surgeries include Percutaneous coronary interventions, repeat surgeries, etc.
Indraprastha Apollo Clinic, New Delhi
- The hospital is categorized as one of the leading cardiac hospitals in India.
- Advanced and basic procedures are performed daily, including echo, stress echo, vascular Doppler, and TMT studies.
- The team is experienced in handling complex cases involving coronary artery bypass grafting, neonatal heart surgery, or heart failure.
- The cardiac surgeons are experts in advanced techniques such as percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation.
- Has an overall success rate of 98%, including emergency cases and repair of complex congenital disabilities.
- It has well-equipped third-generation computer labs and emergency and intensive care units.
Max Super Specialty Hospital, Gurgaon
- Express Healthcare Awards for outstanding achievements in the field of healthcare
- The hospital provides centers of excellence in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Medical and surgical Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Cardiac Surgery (CTVS), Endocrinology & Endocrine Surgery, IVF, Nephrology, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- NABH & NABL certification for its laboratories.
- ISO 9001: 2000 certificate
Fortis Escort Heart Institute, New Delhi
- The hospital has been recognized as the best cardiac hospital in India.
- Over 70,000 patients have been treated here in the last 22 years.
- They were the first in Asia to introduce rapid fluid management technology.
- It was the first hospital in Asia to introduce minimal access surgery and robotic surgery to treat heart disease.
Manipal Hospitals Dwarka, Delhi
- It is one of the best hospitals in India in cardiology, specializing in minimally invasive cardio-thoracic surgery with a wide range of care options.
- The cardiology department is well equipped with advanced technology and latest devices to treat a range of diseases with cardiac interventions such as coronary angioplasty and stenting, primary angioplasty, Peripheral angioplasty and stenting, Renal angioplasty and stenting, Carotid stenting, AICD Implantation, Biventricular stimulation for congestive heart failure (CHF), IVC filter device in DVT and Balloon valvuloplasty for valve stenosis.
- Dr Mishra is a leading cardiac surgeon in India who has performed many open heart surgeries.
Cardiac surgery and cardiology centers in India diagnose and treat congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valve problems, and electrophysiological disorders. The medical teams at the listed hospitals specialize in open and minimally invasive cardiac surgery and interventional cardiology (diagnosis and treatment of heart disease using a catheter). Each clinic is a high-level facility that can provide you with all the care you need.